Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Today when we got to work we went back to working on our trend report. It seems like we are all gathering a lot of good ideas and inspiration and it will be really fun once we start putting everyone’s ideas together. I think its fun to work separately and then see the different ideas that everyone gets.

After spending some time on our trend report we went to shadow quality control. They have a pretty good system going, but there are definitely areas where they could use some improvement. I just feel bad telling them what to do. I feel like they have all been doing this for so long and they probably feel like I have no right to come in and change their system. When we were in Accra the first couple days here, Valerie told Sarah and I that they have “small boy syndrome” here. She was saying that even if you are educated or have more experience in a specific area they assume that since you are young your dumb and there is know way you could have a better idea then them.

After spending time with quality control and getting a better understanding of how they do think we went back to our office and did a write up on the process. We also all made suggestions on which things we think need improvement. We have to email them to Maria and then I think she emails them to Renee in the Accra office for approval. Then if they get approved we will start implementing them.

After quality control we went back to trend research and worked on that the remainder of the day. After today I have a good amount of inspiration and I feel like I’m ready to start sketching out some design ideas. I’m working kids and men’s clothing and prints. I’ve been mainly working on kids though and Nick has been doing a lot of the men’s. I like doing the kids stuff better cause there is a lot more room to be creative and a lot more you can do with kids things. Where as men’s are kind of boring because there are not too many things you can do.

Tomorrow where are spending sometime out of the office. We are going to Auntie Gina’s house to finish batiking. She is also the assistant head mistress at one of the schools here and she teaches textile design so we are going to spend sometime with her at school before going to batik.

No comments:

Post a Comment