Monday, June 14, 2010

Friday, June 11, 2010

Today we’re took the afternoon off work to go to the beach! It was so hard to concentrate all day and you could just tell everyone’s mind was somewhere else. It was also supper sunny all day I just kept thinking about how much better life would be if I were at the beach instead of stuffed into this little room with million other people, and by a million I just mean the other designers.

Today Hillary and I worked on specs for the first part of the day. It was terrible. No two garments have the same measurements and it’s really frustrating. The only solution is to go back to square one and re-make the patterns.

After working on specs and getting extremely frustrated I started working on the stamp library. For this we have to go through and figure out which stamps have been used for which garments. There are also a lot of stamps that haven’t made it very far in the production process. For these we have to figure out how far they made it and why they were rejected. This is a very tedious process. Today I just went through the old catalogs and created a spreadsheet of which stamps were used for which garments that year.

Time was crawling today, because I was so excited to go to the beach. Finally, 2pm came and we left the office, packed and were on our way to the beach!

By the time we got to Busua, it was already dark. It doesn’t help that it gets dark here at 6pm. We ordered food from our resort. I had a cheeseburger. It was pretty much the most amazing thing ever. A cheeseburger and pizza are my two biggest food cravings here. So although this burger was not the best burger I have ever eaten, it hit the spot for sure.

After dinner we had a bon-fire. Their version of a bonfire is pilling 10 ft tall bamboo sticks tee-pee style and lighting it on fire. It was my first beach bonfire, and it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment