Monday, June 14, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today we hung by the beach again. The weather wasn’t as nice; it was cloudy, windy and kind of chilly. This combination of things, however, made for great body surfing waves. Once again I spent the day playing in the ocean, and loved every second of it.

We went to the surf shop again for lunch and watched the Ghana vs. Serbia football game. It is awesome how excited people here get about the games. I knew that football was a big deal here; I just didn’t realize how important it actually is to them. When a game is on, people literally drop everything to watch it. Our tro driver told us there was no way he would drive us during the game. No matter where people are, they find a way to get to a TV to watch the game.

After the game, when we were driving back to Cape Coast we saw so many people decked out in Ghana gear. It is so cool to see the whole nation untied. I feel like that is one thing we really miss out on in the U.S.

Overall- an AMAZING weekend. J


The kids in Busua were so cute... And thats a HUGE step for me. :)
Some more cute kids. Ellen dug a car out of the sand. They loved it.
The beach. There was an island. There was also a dead baby goat on the shore, so we had some African Vultures hanging around
My very first beach bonfire. AMAZING! bamboo burns a lot faster then i thought it would.


1 comment:

  1. I love the new pics. So glad you are having so much fun and feeling good too. Sent your blog link to my aunt in AZ. she is loving it!

    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete