Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I couldn’t sleep last night cause it was so hot in our villa. Ellen and I work up at 4am and couldn’t go back to sleep so we sat on the beach and waited for the sun to come up. It was an “oh Africa” moment. The beach is so relaxing and beautiful.

Once everyone else woke up we ate breakfast. I had real coffee another thing I seem to take advantage of in the states. The rest of the day we hung on the beach. I taught myself to body board. I’m pretty much obsessed now. The waves were pretty big and I had a blast playing the ocean.

For dinner we walked up the beach a little way to the Black Star Surf Shop and ate dinner. The shop is owned by an American man and a Ghanaian man. The food was amazing. By far the best food I’ve eaten since I been here. I’m debating spending every weekend at this beach just to eat the food.

While we were eating dinner some other obrunis came up to talk to us and figure out what we were doing. We seem to attract a lot of attention, its not very often here you see a group of 10 obrunis traveling together. They told us they were getting a TV to watch the U.S. vs. U.K. football game and then they were having a party afterwards and we’re invited.

We ate dinner and then hung out to watch the game. After the game they had a bon-fire on the beach and we all hung around the fire. It was almost like I wasn’t in Africa anymore because there were so many white people in one area. A lot of them were peace core volunteers or other volunteers working for different NGOs. Its cool to learn about all the different projects everyone is working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment