Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Friday, June 4, 2010

This morning we got started on our trend report. Its getting down to the wire now and everyone is feeling a little stressed out. We want to have a lot of our stamps designed and drawn in illustrator for our presentation so we can get feed back on them and get started on actually producing products. I also don’t think its helpful that we’ve been out of the office a lot this week. The fact that we have tons of stuff to fold and bag for the shipment isn’t helping much either.

Drawing in illustrator is really frustrating on my computer because I don’t have a mouse so I have to use my track pad. Can anyone say carpel tunnel? Carla let me barrow her mouse which is a little helpful but still very frustrating because its travel size so its pretty much just as bad as drawing with my track pad.

We did get a lot of inspiration and stamps drawn in illustrator. Everyone has really good ideas and it will be awesome once we combine them all. I’m excited to here what Renee and Kristen have to say about it because I think we will be taking Global Mamas in a totally new direction so people will either love it or hate it. I hope they love it because I think it will way more appealing to people in the U.S. It will loose a lot of its vacation feel and turn into more everyday wear.

The shipment is going out tomorrow morning. They ship every 6 weeks, so there was a lot of things that go into the shipments and there is a lot to get ready for. There was a lot of folding to be done and we couldn’t start folding until the women brought all the garments in. At 5pm when we were suppose to leave some of the dresses weren’t even here from the seamstress still. Sarah, Ellen, Nick and I ended up staying at work until 9pm waiting and then folding all the garments and putting all the finishing touches on everything. It was a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment