Monday, June 28, 2010

Friday, June 25, 2010

This morning we all went to the office. It’s so cramped when everyone is there, but it also can be fun depending on the mood you’re in. We got feedback from the second trend presentation. I didn’t submit much with this presentation except one stamp idea and a bunch of different silhouettes. The feedback wasn’t as good as the first time, but I think its because they already have a pretty good idea about what they want the new products to be.

We didn’t spend much time at the office today we’re really trying to crank out patterns so that we can get samples made and change things that need to be fixed. After the presentation I had to go to the bank. It was raining the hardest I’ve seen it rain since I’ve been here. The sewers were flooding into the street. It smelled terrible. I didn’t have an umbrella so Chillin’, the women who owns the shop across the street, let me borrow one of hers. It was so nice. When I was walking back from the bank it was still raining and it was really windy. My umbrella was flying everywhere.

After the bank I headed back to the house to work on patterns. I started patterning a romper. It should be really cute when its finished. I got the top and the bottom started, but then I ran out of paper so I could retrace it or finish it. That’s the one thing that sucks about working from the house. If you run out of materials you’re pretty much screwed because there is no where to get materials in Elmina, and I guess even if there was you would probably waste half of the day running around.

After work we went to a resort where the other NGO stays called Stumble Inn. It’s in Elmina so not very far from the house. It was amazing. They are trying to create completely Eco Friendly lodging. The rooms were so nice and the food was super good. I think everyone had really good time hanging out. It is so refreshing to get out of the volunteer house.

A bunch of us went swimming in the ocean at night. I love swimming in the ocean and letting the waves toss me around. When we got out of the ocean no one thought that we just washed off all of our bug spray and we should probably reapply it, something we’d end up paying for in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment