Friday, July 2, 2010

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today I worked from the house. I’m not sure how I feel about working from home. On one hand its super nice because you don’t have to leave the house. On the other hand I wear my pajamas all day and I seem to eat more.

Some of the designers stayed home in the morning but ended up going to the office later in the day. I traced and put seam allowances on the sloper pattern we made last week so that someone could bring it to the office with them and we could get it sampled. I also wrote out instructions for the skirt we made and sent the romper as well.

For the rest of the day I started drafting a pattern for a shift dress with three quarter length sleeves. I think it will be really cute. It was actually the design I liked best when I submitted them last week. But, when we got feedback I thought they didn’t like it and was pretty bummed, but it turns out that they did like it and their comments were just mixed up. The bad news is that when their comments got mixed up we thought they were saying they liked the romper, but turns out they didn’t and we already made the pattern for it. It’s really cute but they said they don’t know how it will fit they’re target market. I’m not sure they know exactly who their target market consists of. Maria said we can sample it anyways so that nice at least it wasn’t a complete waste of time.

When everyone else came home the patterns I sent to the office came home as well. This is really frustrating. We have very bad communication between the design team. I’ve have definitely learned the importance of communication while being here. I have also realized how much I take email and wireless Internet for granted. It would be so much easier if we could all just shoot each other emails because it would ensure that everyone has received the same information and is on the same page.

For dinner we went to Eli’s. She made Salad and Spicy Rice. It was so good. I think I also take eating raw vegetables for granted when I’m home. Even though I don’t usually like vegetables much its one of the things I crave the most here. “The others” had a plan to take the leftovers home with them, but they never share and they’re rude so we ate as much as we could so there wouldn’t be leftovers. We clearly might not be that polite either. J

After dinner we went to C-Spot, the bar across the street, and hung out for a while. Our new friends from across the way came to C-Spot later to hang out. It was a good time. Its nice to have other people to talk to besides the same couple people all the time. I talked with the head honcho of their NGO for awhile about Global Mamas. It seems like he doesn’t really agree with or understand what they’re trying to do, but then again sometimes I don’t either.

No comments:

Post a Comment