Friday, July 9, 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today I started work at the house. I worked on drawing more flats so we can start getting samples made. Around 10am I went to the office to continue working on flats. The volunteers who are working on fair trade are presenting a workshop on proper practices and I wanted to attend it.

I didn’t end up being able to go to the fair trade workshop, because everyone was on Ghana time and the workshop didn’t end up starting until 1pm. I ended up running a few errands in Cape Coast, and then coming back to the house.

At the house I worked on flats some more. They’re looking really good. I’m excited because I will have things from every step of the design process to put in my portfolio.

Samples haven’t been coming back as quickly as they were before. It seems like the women are having a hard time reading our patterns. Its kind of funny because you could give them a garment and they can pretty much make an exact replica, but if you just give them a pattern they get really confused. It’s kind of a big problem and something Global Mamas really needs to work with the women on in the future.

After work I took a shower. It was so nice to be clean. I’m really looking forward to my first real shower when I get home. A shower where there is hot and cold water and some legit water pressure. It’s the little things like that I miss most from home.

Later in the evening we went across the street to Tom and Steve’s house. They brought real cheese with them from England and shared it with us. It was pretty much amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment