Monday, July 5, 2010

Friday, July 2, 2010

We're Ghana Make History Today!

Today Ghana plays Uruguay in football, if the win they will be the first African team in history to make it to the semi-finals. This is a huge deal, and I’m so excited to be here for this.

This morning, almost the entire design team came to the office. We organized the patterns we have to send them out to seamstresses. Its exciting, because it seems like we have so many done and they have a pretty quick turn around with samples, so we should have them all back by Monday.

For lunch I was introduced to this place that has AMAZING egg sandwiches. I also realized in order to get my visa extended I needed to get more passport photos taken, and there happened to be a place next door that printed them instantly. I stopped by there and sat down in the chair to have my photo taken. I smiled and the woman was like, “ohhh noooo.” So I was like, “Oh, I shouldn’t smile?” and she said, “no, you can smile just don’t show me your teeth.” She was honestly so disgusted. So, needless to say my picture turned out pretty hideous.

I tried to get my visa extended today, but it was a failed attempt. They told me I need to come back on Monday with a copy of my flight details, and a certificate from the department of social wellness in Ghana.

After trying to get my passport taken care of, and failing miserably, I went back to the house to pattern the sleeve to the dress I was working on the other day.

After work we went across the street and hung out for a while, and eventually made it to ladies night at the hotel. It was very interesting. There was a five cedi cover for boys, and we ordered small beers, which were 3 cedi a piece. That seemed so outrageous to me, it was pretty much as bad as U.S. prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment